I haven’t had this blog for that long, but I think it would be fun and useful to participate in the upcoming bloggiesta. The event spans the whole weekend and a total of 76 hours, but I’m aiming to get in 20 hours. I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had a lot of time to read so I’m hoping this will be my catch up weekend.
If you wanted to join in on the fun, here are the rules:
- The date is Friday, June 11th, Saturday the 12th and Sunday the 13th. You can really start whenever you want within that time but official hours are 8am to 8am (wherever you are). That is a total of 76 hours, the hours spent on the challenge do NOT need to be in a row. Use the entire 76 hour time frame and see what you can do with it. (I say aim for 24 hours but really if you can only do six, twelve or eighteen that’s fine too. I just like to have something to aim for.)
- It’s your call as to how much you want to put into it. But you have to put something into it or it’s not a challenge. So stay up all night or sleep and take care of kids when you need to.
- When you start the challenge, come to this blog and to the “starting line” post and link to your specific post about beginning the challenge which is posted on your blog. That way I’ll be able to track participants and know who’s really at the party.
- How many updates (if any) you want to do is up to you. Make it work for you. Personally, I plan on making a to do list and then crossing off items as I accomplish them. There will be bloggers hosting mini-challenges as well. These are great to learn new information. To get an idea of the mini-challenges last time, check out the list.
- If you are on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to join the chatter.
- Your final summary post needs to be posted no later than end of the day Monday, June 14th. Come back to the finish line and link to your specific summary post. Your summary should include the number of hours spent on the challenge, what you accomplished, links to mini-challenge hosts if you completed them and any other experiences you’d like to add.
Also, I’m still new to this whole blogging business, so I would love to hear any input/advice ya’ll may have to improve my blog.